Monday, October 10, 2011

Dominic's first field trip...Old MacDonald's Farm!

Dominic went on his first field trip this past Friday. His class went to Old MacDonald’s Farm. Since I'm not working right now, I volunteered to be a chaperone. Dominic got to ride to the field trip on a school bus, which he was very excited about. I drove my car and met his class at Old MacDonald’s Farm.
I arrived before the school bus and went inside the farm and waited near the duck pond. There was this really cool Emu living inside the pond with the ducks. I asked the people at the front desk about the Emu and they said someone gave them the Emu when he was really little and they didn't really want him or know what to do with him. They ended up taking him and putting him inside the duck pond. They said he's been there since.
I waited for about fifteen minutes and Dominic's class finally arrived. His teacher split the class up into small groups consisting of 4-5 students. My group had four students (Dominic included). The first thing they wanted to do was play at the playground. We played there for a few minutes and then walked around and looked at the animals.
The first animals we went to see were the Llama's. One of the little boys in our group walked right up to the caged area where the Llama's were and the Llama spit at his face. I wasn't aware that Llama's spit. I felt really bad, but he was fine and didn't cry, thank goodness!
The kids rode horses...
and saw cows, pigs and sheep!
They even got to ride a train around the farm!
After we rode the train, it was time for the kids to head back to the pavilion to eat lunch. I started passing out the picnic lunches Dominic's teacher brought for the kids. Not all of the groups were back to the pavilion yet, but I thought I would go ahead and feed the kids who were there to save time.
After lunch, the kids got to go to the pumpkin patch and choose a pumpkin to take home with them. If you live in Houston or the surrounding area and are looking for something fun to do with your kids, I highly recommend Old MacDonald’s Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment