Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dominic started Pre-K!

It's official! My son is now in public school. While I'm not so crazy about public schools, I'm glad he's in school. I enrolled him in Pre-K programs at several schools this past spring, but most of the schools filled up fairly quickly. I thought I was on the ball with early registration, but I found out I was actually late. One school I went to was on their second round of applications and it was end of January, beginning of February.

I was lucky enough to get Dominic enrolled and accepted into a dual language academy (Spanish/English), which is a magnet school within Houston ISD. While the Pre-K students do not participate in the magnet program, Dominic's teacher does speak Spanish and she said she would be incorporating Spanish into their curriculum.

Here's his first day at school:
If you're not familiar with magnet programs within Houston ISD, you can read more about them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment