Thursday, February 10, 2011

Posting interviews helps with your online networking skills....

A few years ago, I used to interview a lot of fellow vintage sellers and Etsy artists. It's a great way to get good content for your blog and it's also an excellent way to expand your online networking skills and meet a lot of really cool people.


All good bloggers need content. Content is what drives traffic to your blog. I don't know about you, but I tend to go through mental blocks where I don't know what I'm going to write about or post on my blog. Interviewing people is a great way to add that much needed content-and is also an excellent way to get to know other people in this HUGE world of ours.

Photo borrowed from the Graphics Fairy

I just started interviewing people again this year. I try to get at least three interviews per week to post on one of my blogs (I have two) as well as my team blog. Interviewing this time around has been amazing! I've met so many new people within the Etsy community. It's truly an amazing experience.

If you are looking to broaden your horizons and meet new people and drive traffic to your blog, I would recommend networking with other people online who you find interesting. Just ask them if they'd be interested in doing an interview for your blog and send them a link to you blog. Tell them you really like their stuff. The only thing they can do is say no. Who knows, once you've interviewed them, they just might return the favor.

Interviewing is also a great way for people to find out about you and what you have to offer as well. What I've found is that when I interview someone, they typically post the interview on their Facebook page, tweet on their Twitter and wherever else. I've had nothing but great experience and I've earned a few friends along the way.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool idea... if you're ever passing through New Zealand on your way to the shops I would love to grab a cup of tea with you and we could interview each other! Actually, I reckon it would pretty quickly turn into a great, long chat about everything and nothing with breaks every hour for cake and a quick dash round the thrift shops, x

    ReplyDelete