Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Meet Brande of Victory Vintage Boutique

I recently met Brande of Victory Vintage Boutique on Facebook. She expressed interest in letting me interview her for my blog and I gladly obliged. Brande is super duper nice and she has some really cute vintage stuff in her shop.


Q. Tell me a little about yourself:

My name is Brande Wilkerson. I am a married mother of 2 girls. Owner of eBay store, Victory Vintage Boutique for 7 years. I am very passionate about people and vintage fashion. I love finding the original inspirations of the trends of today, then personalizing them to fit ones unique individual style. Buying vintage to me is not only a "green" way of living but a way of honoring and preserving history.

Q. When did you first start selling vintage items?

About 10 years ago my grandmother gave me a nylon chiffon night gown that I fell in love with.I had never felt anything so dreamy soft and fluffy. I went looking for the peignoir jacket that matched it and found the exact one! MY passion was born! Since then I have been on a life long treasure hunt. I love hunting vintage lingerie, formal gowns, dresses and accessories.I only buy what I LOVE!

Q. Please describe your favorite eras in detail:

My favorite "Style" era- is 50's glamor. I love the hourglass shapes of the gowns and under-dressings.I love to recreate the symmetry and definition in hair and beauty from this era as well. The style of this era was the most sophisticated of the century.

Vintage Boho dress set $64.99

Q. Where do you buy your vintage items?

I buy most often from local Goodwill shops and flea markets. I like to give my money back for a good cause if possible especially in my community. I visit garage sales and church rummage sales when I can as well. I like to handle and hand pick my items always before deciding to buy.

Q. Where are your products sold (online/stores)?

I sell online in my eBay shop, Victory Vintage Boutique.

Anne Fogarty vintage maxi dress $129.99

Q. What advice can you give others who are interested in selling vintage?

I would say buy what YOU love and would wear yourself. My business was born out of a passion for the pieces that I wanted! My overflow went into a store. Every item I find I would lovingly wear and style for myself. Its the only way to do business!

Q. Describe yourself in three words:

Intuitive,consistent, positive

Mint Aegean sea grecian disco gown $99.99

Q. Is there is anything else you'd like to share with us?

I have recently fallen in love with recreating vintage photography. I love the look of old photos and challenge myself to learn more about the art of photographic imaging for fashion purposes. I share some of these on my blog and fb page. I use some of the photos to sell items and give a better idea of how the garment could be worn and styled.

To find out more about Brande, you can find her online at the following places:

Victory Vintage Boutique
Blog
Twitter
Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Heather for the opportunity for the interview, its a privilege to be a part of such a special group of vintage fashion and style lovers! Making friends that love what you love and do what you do is the real reward to me!
    Awesome job! Brande

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice getting to know you Brande......My favorite quote "Buying vintage to me is not only a "green" way of living but a way of honoring and preserving history."- So true!! Well said!!
    ~Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! Brande is awesome, and she finds AMAZING vintage things!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
    Women’s Fashion Examiner-Cleveland

    ReplyDelete