Thursday, February 3, 2011

Interview with Lisa of Evolution Vintage

I've been busy lately sourcing some of the best vintage sellers online to feature here at Texas Vintage Things. I recently met Lisa, owner of Evolution Vintage on Facebook, and connected with her right away. She's got some really great vintage for sale and even offers consignment for those who are interested.



TVT: Tell us a little about yourself:

EV: I'm a lover of all things beautiful ~ Fashion, Art, Music, Nature. I am a wife and mother (3yr old daughter and one due in May), a writer, artist and creative entity. My goal is to empower and inspire women.


TVT: When did you first start selling vintage?

EV: I started selling Vintage in March of last year. Evolution Vintage turns 1 on March 15!

TVT: Please describe your favorite eras in detail:

EV: This is a really tough question. I can say I liked the 80's the absolute LEAST for both fashion, hair, makeup and music. Each era has its own drawbacks and benefits from the textiles/fabrics, shapes, patterns and accessories. I wish I could take pieces from each era selectively to customize my unique collection and closet. I love that fashion is an industry that is about the recycling of what was past into new fresh ideas for the future. That is the premise of Evolution Vintage: Recycling fashions past into your fashion future. I chose items that I can style current in the eclectic way that one can customize their own style.


TVT: Where do you buy your vintage items?

EV: My Vintage items are sourced from California as well as Ontario Canada. I also have a consignment program. I hand select every piece for my shop in hopes of inspiring women to push their fashion boundaries and try something 'new'.

TVT: Where are your products sold (online/stores)?

EV: All my vintage items are sold on-line. I wanted to reach a larger market than a regular brick and mortar store could. You can purchase my items direct from the eBouique: Evolution Vintage and at Evolution Vintage on Etsy. I have just opened my Etsy shop so not all the items are there.


TVT: What advice can you give others who are interested in selling vintage?

EV: The most important advice is - DO IT! don't let others talk you out of it or let the work load overwhelm you. Stay focused and take it one step at a time. Anything in life worth having takes risk and a lot of hard work. I truly believe that there is room for everyone. Don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for help. GO FOR IT!

TVT: Describe yourself in three words:

EV: Passionate, Confident, Honest


TVT: Is there is anything else you'd like to share with us?

EV: Evolution Vintage also offers our clients non-vintage designer re-sale items, Vintage burnout style T-shirts for both men and women AND stay tuned for a line of Vintage Inspired hair accessories coming SOON!

You can find Evolution Vintage online at the following places:

Evolution Vintage's own site
Evolution Vintage on Etsy
Twitter
Blog
Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Thank you so much for featuring Evolution Vintage XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interviews!! Another great one!! Nice getting to know you Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! A real inspiration...

    ReplyDelete