Saturday, January 15, 2011

Vintage 1950s silhouettes duplicated

I love the fashion site Asos. They've duplicated 1950s silhouettes, which can be found here.

ASOS Full Mini Prom Skirt $51.72
Photobucket
This red circle skirt screams 1950s! I had a black circle skirt, very similar to this one listed in my shop awhile back. It was tiny, but really cute!

ASOS Bardot Short Sleeve Crop Top $13.79
Photobucket
The title of this top has the name, "Bardot" in it, obviously taken after actress Brigitte Bardot. It's fitted, cropped and has a scoop neckline, just like the the tops from the 1950s.

Fashion always evolves into something else and history always repeats itself. Every season, designers incorporate details or fashions from the past. It would be nice for some new designers to invent something new for a change.

2 comments:

  1. I think the 1950's were a great time to be young.I wished I had grown up in the 1950's.

    ReplyDelete