Monday, January 24, 2011

I've decided to keep my mid century modern Wegner style lounge chair...

I wrote a few days ago about the mid century modern Hans Wegner style lounge chair I purchased to resell in my shop. Yesterday, I decided to use some fabric I purchased at an estate sale and slip cover the ugly original cushions. I thought we could use the chair until it sold.


This is the fabric I used to cover the chair with:
















I decided to put the chair and ottoman in our bedroom when I finished. Justin, my husband, thought it was our chair from downstairs (I have an identical chair already, but no ottoman). I told him, "no, this is a new chair with an ottoman". He was like, "you need to keep this set". I agreed with him. Chairs like this, especially with the ottoman, don't pop up at estate sales everyday. I'm glad he wanted to keep it, because I did too!




















5 comments:

  1. good choice...i'd be keeping that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job with the upholstery. A classic retro shape. Great find! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather,
    Oh yes, good choice to keep this chair!! And good idea to have changed the fabric!! I like this chair. Elsa

    ReplyDelete