Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fun day in Houston!

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day in Houston. Blue skies and not one cloud in sight. The temperature was in the high 50s. Quite a stunning day to be precise!

After doing a few things around the house, I decided to take Dominic to do some fun stuff when he woke up from his nap. I signed up for Corner Bakery on Facebook about a month ago and got a postcard for a free combo in the mail yesterday. My son and I went to Corner Bakery when he woke up from his nap. I ordered their Ruben sandwich! I love it!


After lunch, we decided to go to the park. I took a lot of fun photo's of D!




We left the park around 4:30 and had to come home for a few minutes to walk my dog, Hana. I usually like to walk her between 4:30 and 5:00pm because it's still daylight. We walked Hana and then decided to go the the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Tuesdays are free days at the museum. It's a great museum, but normal admission is like $15 for adults or something crazy like that. I usually take Dominic once every few months and we always go on Tuesday. My son calls this museum the "dinosaur museum" because that's where the dinosaurs are.



They also have this great rock/mineral section that I think it so cool! The rocks are so pretty!





After visiting the Houston Museum of Natural Science, we went to The Village. The Village is a little community of shops/stores, located 1/2 mile or so west of Rice University. We went to Urban Outfitters, The Gap and Half Price Books.

I try and spend quality time with Dominic because he's growing up so quickly. He'll be four on Sunday. Boo hoo!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day!
    I do know the stick on tattoos, there is an Urban Outfitters in Hamburg. I love this store, wish there was one in Austria, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie, you can pop over anytime and share a salad... I'll even bake a cake too!
    Don't worry about kiddies growing up too quick; my eldest is nearly 20 and I still get to spend hours and hours mooching around with her! x

    ReplyDelete