Yesterday, I took Dominic to the park to play. We played for a little while and then I decided it was time to leave because I needed to get home to get ready to go to Yoga class with my neighbor. Dominic, being like any other two year old toddler, did not want to leave. I ended up picking him up and carring him to the car.
When we arrived to our car, I felt something stick my upper right thigh. I thought Dominic could have stepped in gum and a bit of the gum had gotten stuck to my leg or something. I set him down in his car seat and checked the bottoms of his shoes for gum, which there was none. I did however, see a red spot on my thigh. I walked around to my side of the car, got in and sat down. I tried to examine the spot a little more closely, but still didn't see any type of stinger in there. I got home and started looking up “allergic reactions to bee stings,” online. I am pretty allergic to bee stings however, it's been such a long time since the last time I was stung by anything. I was actually a little scared because I wasn't sure what to do or what was going to happen, if anything. I put a paste of crushed aspirin and baking soda on the wound and went ahead to my Yoga class.
I got home from Yoga around 7.30 and I was not feeling so well. At the end of the Yoga class, we did some poses to stimulate our immune system. Maybe this caused a reaction with the bee venom of something. I felt really hot, really weak and I had aches all over my body. I felt like I was coming down with the flu. Justin brought me home some soup and I continued to feel worse as the evening progressed. I checked my temperature and I had a low grade fever of 100.5. I immediatey took some Ibuprofen and ran a luke warm bath. I went to bed after that. I felt so awful, I could barely move.
Here's a gross pic of my little bee sting:
I just thought I would share my bee sting episode. It was not pleasant. I'm feeling a bit better this morning, but still not 100%. Are any of you allergic to bees?